Fri, Aug 04|
The Practice of Telehealth and Ethics; Legal Ramifications
This training is non-refundable. Based on circumstances, options may be available for you to receive a credit to apply for another LEJBHS training webinar.
Time & Location
Aug 04, 2023, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
About This Training
Telehealth practices are subject to the same federal and state regulations, codes of ethics, and professional guidelines that define the fiduciary relationship in face-to-face and office-based therapy." "It falls within the same "standard of care." (Zur,2023). It is necessary for healthcare providers to be aware of telehealth ethics and legal ramifications in the workplace.
This workshop will focus on telehealth laws pre and post covid, ethics impact on laws and the practice of telehealth, legal ramifications, and how to avoid breaking the law.
1. To familiarize healthcare practitioners with relevant guidelines that are needed for the practice of telehealth.
2. Healthcare providers will be able to comprehend telehealth and key HIPAA laws.
3. To be familiar with telehealth codes of ethics and cultural implications with individuals and supervisees.
4. Participants will be able to identify the legal ramifications associated with ethical violations. (Video Clip/Discussion)
5. To explain specific ways to avoid legal matters and endangerment of licensure and certifications in the healthcare field.
6. Participants will gain necessary problem-solving skills to solve ethical dilemmas in the workplace and also how to avoid them. (Case Scenarios)
Telehealth-Legal Ramifications$75.00+$1.88 service fee