Fri, Apr 14|
Telehealth Updates and Post Covid ; Laws, Treatment, and Ethical Considerations for Healthcare Providers
5.0 Core Hours (telehealth hours) and 1:00 Ethics hours = 6.0 CEUs hours. CEUs hours approved by NASW-GA. Students are encouraged to attend this training at a discounted rate.
Time & Location
Apr 14, 2023, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
About This Training
The use of technology to provide telehealth services to our most vulnerable population; individuals with mental health, substance use disorders, and other co-occurring disabilities is now at the forefront of how healthcare providers are meeting the treatment needs of individuals who are in need of mental health and substance abuse services. The continued rise of the COVID-19 Pandemic here in America and the world has caused the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to make modifications to telehealth laws. Health care professionals must be familiar with and adhere to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) laws to meet the treatment needs while practicing ethical principles in the workplace
- Participants will identify and explain definitions of federal and state telehealth (HIPAA) laws
- Participants will be aware of updated Telehealth policy changes during and after the COVID-19 public health emergency and HIPAA Quiz
- To be familiar with the roles and responsibilities of health care professionals during the COVID-19 Pandemic / HIPAA Rules During Covid PANDEMIC Video Clip/Discussion
- To explain necessary steps to uncover problems and issues known as Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Risks according to HIPAA compliance guidelines
- To be familiar with the definitions and necessary steps that organizations need to utilize in the development and implementation of a HIPAA Risk Analysis and Risk Management Plan
- What healthcare providers need to know about Business Associates Agreements and encrypted technology responsibilities according to HIPAA laws
- To identify the three levels of Telehealth Practitioners (Group Activity)
- To be aware of barriers and opportunities when providing telehealth services
- To list key administrative forms, assessment tools, and required clinical documentation that is needed to provide telehealth services.
- To identify legal issues and recommendations on how to protect your telehealth practice and licenses/ Video Clip
- Participants will identify key telehealth ethical dilemmas in the workplace, ways to resolve, and prevent them.
Telehealth Updates Postcovid$75.00+$1.88 service fee