Fri, Feb 11|
Zoom Webinar Event
Social Work Ethics-Common Workplace Legal & Ethical Dilemmas
An overview of ethics code updates to include use of language, added knowledge about technology and telehealth and other major changes to code. 5 CEUs have been approved by (NASW-GA) and Georgia Society of Clinical Social Work (GSCSW)
Time & Location
Feb 11, 2022, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST
Zoom Webinar Event
About This Training
On August 4, 2017, the Delegate Assembly of the National Association of Social Workers approved a number of significant amendments to the NASW Code of Ethics. These changes to the Code, the first since 2008, went into effect January 1, 2018. An overview of ethics code updates to include use of language, added knowledge about technology and telehealth and other major changes to code. It is necessary for Social Workers to be familiar with ethical issues that commonly come up in the workplace that may possibly have legal ramifications. It is the responsibilities of Social Workers to adhere to the code of ethics as they work through ethical dilemmas in the workplace.
The use of YouTube video clips, case scenarios, and a Best Practice Treatment Models handout will assist Social Workers with working through ethical dilemmas in the workplace.
Goals and Objectives
· Participants will identify recent updates to Codes of Ethics according to the National Association of Social Workers.
· Participants will briefly explain the purpose and history of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics.
· They will explain the necessity of an awareness of the six purposes of the NASW Code of Ethics
· A review of Social Work Ethical Responsibilities to Clients
· To identify key telemental Health technology ethics codes that practitioners need to know and follow when providing telehealth services
· To be familiar with Do’s and Don’ts of Ethics
· Participants will become familiar with the most common ethical and legal dilemmas that occur in the workplace.
· To have knowledge of common ethical dilemmas and how they impact mental health professionals, clients, and organizations.
· Participants will learn specific ways to prevent common ethical dilemmas in the workplace.
Experiential Activity- Ethics Case Scenarios Activities
Social Work Ethics Training
Am and PM breaks will be included in this training$73.99