Fri, Jun 16|
Self Care: Helping Healthcare Professionals with Key Lifestyle Changes
This training is non-refundable. Based on circumstances, options may be available for you to receive a credit to apply for another LEJBHS training webinar.
Time & Location
Jun 16, 2023, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
About This Training
The workplace has become so demanding and stressful to healthcare professionals as evidenced by long hours of work, high caseloads, a lack of resources, and high burnout. The onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic has left healthcare providers in a depleted state of mind given how this deadly virus has ravaged our communities and neighborhoods. Throughout this emergency pandemic, Mental Health America (MHA) has witnessed increasing numbers of anxiety, depression, loneliness, an increase in drug use and abuse, medical, and other mental health issues that has and continues to negatively impact healthcare professionals and the vulnerable individuals and families that receive co-occurring disorders services. According to Tygielski (2019), “being whole and meeting our own emotional and physical needs first, is the only way we will build the world we want to see in the future.”
An overview of contributing factors to stress, burnout, and mental health issues in the workplace. (Self-Awareness Questionnaire)
- To acknowledge the physical and psychological effects of work-related stress and Vicarious Trauma.
- How vicarious trauma and fatigue negatively impact the therapeutic relationship with clients and colleagues. (Video/ Discussion)
- To define self-care and reasons why it is necessary to develop and implement an ongoing lifestyle of caring for self. Stress and Burnout Inventory Activity
- To explain the mental health self-care wheel.
- Definitions of Meditation, and Guided Imagery- Meditation Activity
- To demonstrate an understanding of Mindfulness and how techniques are beneficial in reducing stress and burnout. Mindfulness Group Activity
- Role Play of a supervisor meeting with an employee who is overly stressed and suffering from burnout Scenario.
Self Care Training$75.00+$1.88 service fee