Fri, Dec 01|
Ethics; Inter-Personal Boundaries and Dual Relationships
Many Social Workers and counselors work in this field because they want to help their clients work through their problems while connecting them to resources that will enable them to manage their lives. 5 ethics hours approved by NASW_GA.
Time & Location
Dec 01, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST
About This Training
Many Social Workers and counselors work in this field because they want to help their clients work through their problems while connecting them to resources that will enable them to manage their lives. They come to us because of our ability to demonstrate empathy, compassion, nonjudgmental behavior, trustworthiness, clinical skills, and knowledge. Our clients share the most intimate and personal aspects of their lives and problems that in many cases lead them to our field of help. When working with clients, social workers and counselors must maintain clear boundaries to assure professional integrity and responsibility. It is necessary to avoid dual relationships and be aware of exceptions to these types of relationships and how to handle them in the workplace. We must not violate their trust or do harm during or after the therapeutic relationship ends.
- To define and cite examples of ethical boundaries and dual relationships.
- An overview of Social Work and LPCA Codes of Ethics from boundaries and dual relationships perspectives.
- To be aware of interpersonal boundaries and how dual relationships impact the therapeutic relationship.
- To explain why there is a clear need for boundaries when working with clients.
- Two demonstrate an understanding of types of maladaptive boundary crossings and danger when in violation.
- To be aware of the do’s and don’ts in dual relationships with clients?
- Identify best practices for establishing and maintaining professional boundaries while avoiding dual relationships
The use of youtube videos, case scenarios, and practice activities will be utilized throughout this live webinar presentation.
Ethics:Interpersonal$90.00+$2.25 service fee