Fri, Dec 08|
Ending trauma in families; Root causes and treatment
This training is non-refundable. Based on circumstances, options may be available for you to receive a credit to apply for another LEJBHS training webinar. 5.0 Core CEUs hours approved by NASW-GA.
Time & Location
Dec 08, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST
About This Training
Traumas are frightening, often life-threatening, or violent events that can happen to any or all members in a family. Trauma can cause traumatic stress responses in family members with consequences that ripple through family relationships and impede optimal family functioning.
(NCTSN,2011) Trauma impacts all levels of family members in different ways. The recent Covid Pandemic and generational trauma
that dates back to the 1800’s and beyond continues to permeate our families. We as healthcare professionals must examine the
root causes of family trauma to be effective in treating and strengthening families.
- To examine the leading root causes of childhood and family trauma from an historical perspective.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how culture from a race, discrimination, oppression, societal and socioeconomical conditions are contributing factors to trauma
- Identify and explain the five leading root causes of trauma
- To examine inter-generational trauma and ways it effects families (Video/Discussion Activity)
- To identify the signs, symptoms, physical, and psychological effects of trauma
- An Overview of Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders
- To be aware of best practice trauma assessment tools
- How to engage traumatized families in the therapeutic relationship
- To examine how healthcare professionals can support families experiencing traumatic stress (Video)
- To identify techniques and key best practice treatment models and resources that are necessary to support these families
- Experiential Activities
Ending trama in families$90.00+$2.25 service fee