Date: September 26, 2020 Time: 9:00am-4:30pm
(Breaks and Lunch will be included in course timeline)
WEBINAR TRAINING: Webinar registration details will be emailed to all webinar course enrollees after payment is received.
This workshop will focus on helping professional licensed practitioners’ gain a comprehensive understanding of the importance of telemental health and treatment implications for the clients they serve. Participants will also learn specific HIPAA Laws that are affiliated with digital marketing healthcare services. Participants will learn how to implement key processes and practices according to various ethical and clinical practices for their organizations based on state and federal TMH laws. Participants will be updated on relevant telemental health laws and guidelines. The use of youtube videos, ethical case scenarios and group activities will be utilized throughout this training. 4.5 Core hours and 1.5 Ethics CEUs hours have been approved by Georgia Society of Clinical Social Workers (GSCSW) and Licensed Professional Counseling Association (LPCA).
Telemental Health from a Treatment, Digital Marketing, and Ethical Perspective
- To define purpose of telemental health services and impact on service delivery system.
- Participants will explain key state and federal telemental health laws that impact treatment
- Participants will identify specific types of electronic devices that are used to provide telemental health services according to ethics and HIPAA Laws
- Participants will learn the three levels of Telemental Health services and recommended certifications for practitioners
- To understand how telemental health impact inpatient treatment (e.g. VA Study)
- Participants will learn and understand specific duties and responsibilities of clinicians and supervisors providing telemental health services
- To identify key administrative forms that is needed to provide TMH (e.g. Telemental Health Informed Consent Communication Addendum, Business Associates Agreement legal form, and etc.) and how to document clinical information for billing purposes
- To be familiar with key complexities with intake and assessments, treatment planning, emergency and crisis plans, therapy, privacy and confidentiality issues, risk management, and legal issues
- To identify 2 to 3 examples of Telemental Health Marketing “Do’s and Don’ts according to HIPAA laws.
- To become familiar with common legal and ethical dilemmas when providing these services.
- The use of ethical scenarios will be used to assist participants with a better understanding of the impact ethics has on TMH and treatment
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
This class is non-refundable
Presenter: Dr. Lucy R. Cannon, LCSW, CCPD-D, MATS
Contact: (404) 433-3740
Registration: 8:30-9:00 am
Training: 9:00 am to 3:30pm
4.5 Core hours and 1.5 Ethics CEUshours have been approved by Georgia Society of Clinical Social Workers (GSCSW) and Licensed Professional Counseling Association (LPCA).