Fri, Apr 26|
Burnout in the workplace: Am I in the Right Healthcare Field
This training is non-refundable. Based on circumstances, options may be available for you to receive a credit to apply for another LEJBHS training webinar. 5.0 Core CEUs hours approved by NASW-GA.
Time & Location
Apr 26, 2024, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
About This Training
It is no secret, that those of us who are in the mental health, addiction, and counseling fields take on a huge task when we commit our lives to helping others in healthcare settings. This field is extremely rewarding, but it has its pitfalls. When the conditions and demands we encounter at work — like workload, level of autonomy, and norms of interpersonal behavior — exceed our capacity to handle them, we are at risk of burning out in some cases, we move to a stage of disdain for our jobs and more importantly, the clients we serve. (Valcour, 2018) This workshop will focus on an examination of reasons why we chose this field of helping others, the necessary skills that are needed to be effective in meeting the needs of the clients we serve, and an examination of how fit or unfit we are for the work that is expected of us in the counseling field.
- Why did we choose this field of helping others from a search and personal perspective? (Are you happy with your job quiz)
- To examine the knowledge and skills that are necessary to be effective in meeting the needs of clients and meeting workforce needs in the counseling field.
- How to become more consciously aware of burnout and the danger in not working through burnout in the workplace. (Video)
- Participants will be guided into a self-examination of the fitness for the demands of the counseling field and whether they are in the right field/right job.
- To be aware of key factors to consider when determining whether to leave this profession or work through burnout and other work-related problems in the healthcare field.
- How to develop a purposeful plan of action to resolve interpersonal burnout and problems in the workplace or seek other employment opportunities.
The use of self-assessment and job readiness tools, burnoutinventory, videos, and other evaluation tools to helpparticipants move towardsolutions with their issues/problemsin
- Ticket type
April Burnout in the workplace
Burnout in the workplacePrice$90.00
+$2.25 service fee+$2.25 service fee